Pick five of the prompts below, and type a full paragraph (at least five sentences) in response to each prompt. Go to Google Docs to type your responses. Use proper grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Don’t forget to paste each prompt into your Google Doc before you answer so that I’ll know which one you’re answering. Organize your thoughts by outlining your ideas before you begin constructing your official responses.
Remember the three key steps to constructing a response:
1. Restate the topic or question
2. Provide your answer(s)
3. Use specific examples to support your answer(s)
Prompts to choose from:
1. Write about 3 places you’d like to visit one day. These could be places you’ve already been or new places you’d like to see. Do these places have anything in common?
2. If you were in charge of the cafeteria menu, what are 3 foods you’d add to the menu? Do you think these foods would be well-liked by your peers?
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Why?
4. What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
5. If you could have a conversation with someone famous who is no longer alive, who would you talk to, and why?
6. Write about a time when you felt proud of yourself. What had you accomplished?
7. Do you ever find it difficult to have a conversation with someone? What are some ways you start and carry on conversations with people?
8. You just won $100,000. What will you do with the money?
9. Pretend you’re a writer for the school newspaper. Who would you interview, and what would you ask them?
10. What are you thankful for today? Why?